(deoxycholic acid) injection 10 mg/mL)
What is Submental Fullness?
- Submental fullness, sometimes referred to as “double chin,” is a common, yet undertreated facial aes-thetic condition. It can detract from an otherwise balanced and harmonious facial appearance – leading to an older and heavier look.
- Submental fullness can impact a broad range of adults, including both women and men, and can be caused by aging, genetics and weight gain.
- According to a 2015 survey by the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS), over 2/3 of con-sumers are bothered by submental fullness – nearly as many as those bothered by lines and wrinkles
What is KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) injection?
- KYBELLA® (deoxycholic acid) injection is the first and only FDA-approved injectable drug that contours and improves the appearance of submental fullness due to submental fat.
- KYBELLA® is indicated for improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe convexity or fullness associated with submental fat in adults.
- The safe and effective use of KYBELLA® for the treatment of subcutaneous fat outside the submental re-gion has not been established and is not recommended.
How does KYBELLA work?
- KYBELLA® is a non-human and non-animal formulation of deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring mole-cule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- When injected into subcutaneous fat, KYBELLA® causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. After the aesthetic response is achieved, retreatment with KYBELLA® is not expected.
- To avoid potential tissue damage, KYBELLA® should not be injected into or in close proximity (1-1.5 cm) to the marginal mandibular nerve, salivary glands, lymph nodes and muscles.